Medical Malpractice & Personal Injury Attorney in Burlington, Vermont
Tina is a registered nurse-attorney whose practice focuses on those who have been seriously injured or died as a result of medical negligence or personal injury. Prior to her admission to the Vermont Bar in 1995, Tina worked as a registered nurse with a clinical specialty in labor and delivery, neonatal intensive care, women’s health and nursing administration.She has litigated scores of medical malpractice and personal injury cases through mediations, arbitrations and trials, including cases involving:
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Birth Injury
- Cerebral Palsy
- Spinal Cord Injury/Paralysis
- Compartment Syndrome
- Wrongful Death
- Emergency Room Negligence
- Surgical Negligence
- Nursing Home Negligence
- Radiology Negligence
- Medication Errors
- Misdiagnosis/Failure to Diagnose
- Sexual Abuse Perpetrated by a Physician
For example, she has obtained verdicts and settlements for:
- Medical Malpractice Settlement for the wrongful death of a 5 year-old Vermont child who suffered severe cerebral palsy after an anesthesiologist misplaced her breathing tube at birth. The misplaced tube caused the child severe brain damage and, ultimately caused her death.
- Dental Malpractice Settlement for a veteran whose dentist failed to diagnose and adequately treat a tooth infection. This infection then progressed to a severe jaw infection which destroyed half of his lower jaw, necessitating surgical reconstruction of his jaw. He now suffers lifelong disfigurement and disabilities as a result of the negligence.
- Medical Negligence Verdict for an Olympic-hopeful skier who suffered an undiagnosed compartment syndrome following a broken leg.
- Medical Negligence Settlement during trial for the wrongful death of a father due to undiagnosed heart disease.
- Arbitration awards for scores of women who suffered infertility and sometimes death from a defective IUD.
- Medical Malpractice Settlement for a teen-aged girl who was made infertile and menopausal when her surgeon wrongly removed both of her ovaries.
- Medical Malpractice Settlement for a young father who suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm when a radiologist misread his MRI, leaving him unable to communicate with his family, unable to walk and requiring total nursing care for the rest of his life.
- Medical Malpractice Settlement for a woman who was paralyzed during spinal surgery. This settlement enabled her to leave the rehabilitation center where she had been confined to bed since her surgery and go home to live with her family, receiving 24-hour professional nursing care.
- Personal Injury Settlements for several young women who were sexually abused by their surgeon.
Tina is a member of the board of governors for the Vermont Association for Justice and was the first female president of this association (formerly known as the Vermont Trial Lawyers Association). She is also a member of the Vermont Bar Association, the Chittenden County Bar Association, Central Vermont Inns of Court and the American Association for Justice. She is consistently named in The Best Lawyers in America for medical malpractice. Tina is past-president of the Vermont Llama and Alpaca Association and volunteers for the Westford Food Shelf. In her other life, Tina is a mother to three adult sons and to a farm full of four-legged children. She spends her time with her husband skiing, hiking, gardening, horseback riding and caring for their many rescue llamas, horses, dogs and cats on their farm in Westford. She hand-felts clothing from her llama fiber and loves to cook new and interesting vegetarian dishes for her family and friends.